CAREERS AT SURFACE MAGAZINE
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR TALENTED AND INNOVATIVE PEOPLE WITH CREATIVE IDEAS TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
Surface Media is a growing, forward thinking independent media brand. We are a small operation, so it's expected that all our employees wear multiple hats and be willing to get their hands dirty. We expect that they be digitally savvy and have a working knowledge of smartphone photo and video software. We believe that everyone has the ability to produce amazing content with nothing more then the device in their hands.
If you think Surface is the company for you, please upload your resume using the form below.
Start Date: Immediate
We are seeking a full-time bookkeeper to manage all accounts receivable, accounts payable and all other financial reporting.The ideal candidate will have experience bookkeeping for a small/medium-sized enterprises, and an interest in contemporary design and luxury brands.
- Work with in-house teams to lead the pre-production development of the print order for each issue of Surface and Watch Journal
- Coordinate, organize, and aggregate all recipient and subscriber lists and determine total print run for each issue within established deadlines.
- Coordinate invoicing for all print advertising, events, and special promotions
- Assist the Controller and CFO in managing in-house operations relating to all aspects of the magazine’s production and distribution, corporate financial management, and HR functions, among others
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation
- Track and manage all payments owed to freelancers and vendors for Surface and Watch Journal in accordance to the company's’ priorities as determined by the Controller/CFO
- Monitor company cash flows, and actively pursue outstanding receivables
- Management of supplies/inventory expenses via cost comparisons and vendor sourcing
- Monitor all accounts payable, and ensure timely satisfaction of financial obligations
- Manage circulation deals and shipping budgets
- Assist with treasury functions, including all business banking functions, domestic and international wires, and ACH payment
- Support monthly and quarterly financial process, e.g. reconciliations, closings, forecast adjustments, variance analyses, etc.
- All HR and benefit initiatives, including but not limited to: policy development, materials development, new hire onboarding, and benefits review and evaluation
- Complete assignments from the Controller and CFO, as well as other members of senior-level management for Surface and Watch Journal on an ad-hoc basis
- The ideal candidate will have great organization and coordination skills
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Accounting with two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks
- Experience as accountant or bookkeeper at a small/medium-sized enterprise
- Experience in collecting overdue invoices
Salary commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY, PLEASE COMPLETE OUR ONLINE APPLICATION.
If you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org